Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Me, the lurker

This is my next cushion - a piece of rather funny toile de jouy called "au loup!" in blue on cream with a piece I wove - simple plain weave with stripes in different shades of blue - some of the cotton in the warp was indigo dyed. I still don't know whether to add another piece of patterned fabric or not...

I've been thinking about blogging - and I realized that I have this tendency of always "lurking": I do enjoy reading blogs - especially those of creative people - but most of the times I am reluctant to leave a comment.
I don't know why, I could say because I'm shy, or because writing in English sometimes is not so spontaneous for me as it should be, it's something I need to work on. Sometimes I read long posts expressing serious thoughts and I wish I could do the same... there's a lot of introspection to be done just by reading a few pages on the web!

This is also what I like about weaving - once the loom is set you can wander away with your mind and think thoroughly about the smallest things...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, weaving makes my mind free--maybe too free!
I lurk as well, because I don't comment how much I like your pictures, and how seeing what you post makes me want to make better weaving. That's good for me. I would still be drawn to look at your pictures, even if you didn't write in English.

Donatella said...

Thank you Susan,
that's how I feel too - there's such a huge amount of creativity out there and fantastic people - seeing what they do in their chosen fields makes me want to do better in mine.
By the way, do you have a blog too?