Sunday, June 07, 2009

Blue de Genes

the name "blue jeans" derives from the French "bleu de Genes" - blue of Genoa.

These days Genova celebrated the world of jeans with exhibitions
in different city locations and museums.
One exhibition I really enjoyed was a display on the history of jeans -
complimented by a few dresses created by students of the course of theatre costume.


I was in love with one of them - so full of clever detailing -
the corpet was made with belt parts,
the ruffled back with an assortment of odd legs and the train a collection of pockets.
I thought it was amazing - and I wish all the best to Teresa who designed it!

































2 comments:

jane said...

this dress is amazing. happy sunday.

Meg said...

This one is quite stunning, and I get it holds its shapes pretty well. I just bought five "denim" cottons to make something for my husband... Though I guess this is not what he would appreciate ;-)